Last year’s must-haves are this week’s bargains
I was surfing through Amazon’s Toy Sale and was happly surprised to stumble across some of the most popular toys of 2010, now available at bargain prices.
Early Summer is the time of year when toy retailers need to run-down their stocks and free up some storage space, ready for the next generation of hot new toys to be launched in the Fall.
This is a great opportunity to buy some great gifts at low prices. If you missed out on these toys when they were hot last year, you get two benefits if you buy them now:
1) You can buy them at the new low price
2) Now the toys have been available for a while there are reviews posted on Amazon for you to read – maybe that hot new toys turned out to be a bit of a dud, or perhaps a toy you weren’t sure about is actually a 5 star wonder.
So here’s a list of the best 2010 hot toys at bargain 2011 prices I found today:
Imaginext Big-Foot The Monster – for $61.04
Do you remember this guy? I’ll even include the commercial to prompt your memory:
He was widely tipped to be the hottest toy for boys last Christmas, and he was very popular. But it seems like there must be a few left to be sold as they now have more than 1/3 of the price knocked off.
- Remote controlled interactive Big Foot character
- Remote toggle allows him to walk forward and backwards and the six buttons are happy, angry, sleep, fun, ball and exercise
- Hear him roar and watch him pound his fists or raise his arms above his head and shake his fists
- Press the ball button and hear him say things like “play” and watch him throw the ball
- Suitable for children aged 3-8 years
- Has received 71 reviews giving an average of 4 stars
Originally priced at $99.99, right now you can buy Big Foot for $61.04 with free shipping.
Cuponk! – Less than $7
Another toy that was on many retailers top ten Christmas gifts list last year is Cuponk. The aim of the game is to catch a ball in the cup using trick shots, or as the manufacturer’s put it, and I quote – “a new game that lets you show off your mad skillage to all of your friends”. Just in case you were unsure of what “mad skillage” looks like, here’s a clip:
- Make the shot and be rewarded with flashing lights and killer zombie sounds!
- Miss the shot and the sounds will come from your heckling buddies as they try to one-up you.
- For ages 9 years and up
- Average of 4 stars from 13 customer reviews
Reduced from $14.99 to just $6.45 on Amazon
Sing-a-ma-jigs – from just $8!
The Sing-a-ma-jigs are still at the peak of their popularity, but you can already find a few of the original dolls hiding away in the discount bucket.
- Free-spirited, offbeat character that features unexpected laugher and excitement with every interaction
- Features three modes of play including chatter, singing their own song or singing in harmony with their other Sing-a-ma-jig friends
- The Dark purple Sing-a-ma-jig sings Clementine
- In chatter mode they speak their own language full of jibber and jabbers
- For ages 3 years +
- This model has an average of 4 stars from 25 customer reviews on Amazon
Price: Reduced from $14.99 to $8 for the purple model. Since the fun is in playing with a few of these together, go hunt out the rest of the bargain Sing-a-ma-jig stock.
Handy Manny Construction Site Playset from Fisher Price – for $16.36
- Use the parts to build City Hall, then use the wrecking ball to knock the building down and start all over again
Roll the “crawler” crane along, then remove the wheels to turn it into a crane tower
- Over 45 pieces including Manny, Rusty, Felipe and Eduardo figures – plus three crane attachments, dump truck, cement loader, cinder blocks, wheelbarrow, shovel and more
- Suitable for children aged 3 -6 years
- Average 4.5 stars from 20 customer reviews
Was $36.99, now priced $16.36.
To keep in touch with all the latest toy news and special offers like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter using the links in the grey toolbar below.
Share this most awesomest post with your friends immediately!
Cheers, ta, and thank you very muchly.