VTech Handheld Gamers for Preschoolers – MobiGo vs MobiGo2
The original 2010 MobiGo has received an update.
Here Toy Tattle takes a look at what you can expect from the new and improved 2012 MobiGo model.
- Suitable for children from age 3 years and up.
- Slide out QWERTY keyboard that can be slid under screen to make a small handheld gamer, or slid-out to turn the console into a tiny laptop.
- Chunky, durable design.
- Available in blue or pink color-ways.
- Control the action with keyboard, button controls or touch screen.
- Games are educational.
- The games are designed to be educational, so children can learn while having fun.
- The console comes with a cartridge with unbranded games of varying difficulties. Games based around kids favourite characters are available to buy separately.
Kids tech toys have come a long way since the original MobiGo was launched, and you can see that progress in the features the MobiGo 2 has to offer.
- Touch screen now compatible with stylus, to help develop pen control skills, and offers more accuracy than fingertips.
- Motion sensor allows player to control game by tilting the console, just like a regular tablet computer.
- Built-in microphone – interact with games, and even photos by speaking into the mic.
Vtech MobiGo 2 Reviews
I found this Amazon customer review really useful, as it is from a mom who has had both the 2010 and the 2012 MobiGo consoles, so she can make a direct comparison.
In this video review you can see the MobiGo 2 in action, and it also gives you a good indication of the size of it in proportion to a small child’s hands.
If you are not yet totally sold on this console, take a look at my comparison of all the new for 2012 games consoles from Leapfrog and VTech.
Share this most awesomest post with your friends immediately!
Cheers, ta, and thank you very muchly.